Terms and Conditions of Use
As on the golf course, members will get the most enjoyment out of the TopGolfer forum if everyone sticks to some common etiquette and rules. The spirit of golf relies on the integrity of the individual and consideration for others, and these values extend to our online community.
The following serves as a guide to being a decent member of our online community and your participation is subject to these guidelines and our Terms & Conditions.
Courtesy and Respect
Members are expected to treat each other with courtesy and respect. This is not the place for using offensive language and/or avatars, or to harass others. Treat other members the same as you would treat other players in person.
Penalties for Breach
If a member disregards these guidelines or our Terms & Conditions, TopGolfer may take disciplinary action against the offending member. Disciplinary actions may include prohibiting certain features or permanent banning.
What You Can Do
If you see something you find offensive, you can either click away, or in certain areas such as your profile page, delete the offending content. However, if you see something that needs our attention, simply report it to us by using the Report Abuse link.
Above all, we want you to have fun, and we hope these guidelines will help you get the most enjoyment out of the TopGolfer forum.
http://www.TopGolfer.ie Terms & Conditions of Use Agreement 25th February 2010
http://www.TopGolfer.ie is an online service that provides various services to its members.
The services offered by http://www.TopGolfer.ie ("www.topgolfer.ie" or "we" or "our" or "us") include the web site http://www.TopGolfer.ie (the "TopGolfer Website"), and any other features, content or applications offered by http://www.TopGolfer.ie in connection with the http://www.TopGolfer.ie Website (collectively, the "TopGolfer Services").
By using http://www.TopGolfer.ie you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which take effect immediately on your first use of http://www.TopGolfer.ie. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms and conditions of use, please do not access and/or use http://www.TopGolfer.ie.
The rules of our Community
1. http://www.TopGolfer.ie asks that you respect our on-line community and other individuals. When posting Submissions to or otherwise using the Site and/or the services, you agree to use the http://www.TopGolfer.ie community in accordance with the following community rules;
- Do not defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Do not use racially, ethnically, vulgar, sexually explicit, hateful, or otherwise offensive language or images.
- If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the community or annoying other users you may have action taken against your accounts.
- Do not attempt to impersonate or represent http://www.TopGolfer.ie, our staff, partners, affiliates, or other industry professionals.
- No inappropriate user names.
- Be patient as users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the relevant http://www.TopGolfer.ie community.
- Do not solicit a member's password or other account information for any reason.
- Do not harvest user names, addresses, or email addresses for any purpose.
- Do not post any users real name, location, or any other personally identifiable information.
- No impersonation.
- No advertising.
- Do not promote or conduct any illegal activity, including hacking or cracking, or violate copyright laws. The laws that apply in the offline world must be observed online as well.
- Do not upload viruses or corrupted data.
- You may not refer to specific URLs (web site addresses). If you know of a worthy web site relevant to the discussion topic, please inform the host of the Community.
- Do not make commercial use of http://www.TopGolfer.ie, including distribution of advertising, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and spam.
- Do not improperly use support staff or make false reports to staff members.
- Do not attempt to interfere with, hack into or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Site.
- Unlawful or objectionable content is strictly forbidden: unlawful, abusive, profane, obscene, harassing, defamatory, threatening, harmful, sexually oriented, or offensive material is forbidden.
- Contributions containing languages other than English may be removed.
- You agree to only submit materials which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
- Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
This list of prohibitions is an example and is not complete or exclusive. These prohibitions do not require http://www.TopGolfer.ie to monitor or remove any Submissions or other information submitted by you or any other user. http://www.TopGolfer.ie reserves the right to terminate your access to your account, your ability to access and post to the Site or to receive the services with or without cause and with or without notice, or for any action that http://www.TopGolfer.ie determines is inappropriate or disruptive to the Site, services or to any other user of the Site and/or services. You hereby agree to waive any claims against http://www.TopGolfer.ie and its affiliates, contractors, agents and employees for losses, damages and injuries for which are based on or relate to communications or materials made available to the Site or posted on the Site by persons other than http://www.TopGolfer.ie. www.TopGolfer.ie may report to law enforcement authorities any actions that may be illegal, and any reports it receives of such conduct. When legally required or at the http://www.TopGolfer.ie discretion, http://www.TopGolfer.ie will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in any investigation of alleged illegal activity on the Site.
2. The views expressed in the http://www.TopGolfer.ie Community are those of members of the public and are not necessarily those of http://www.TopGolfer.ie.
3. We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, home address or email address), and please do not include postal addresses of any kind. If you have a helpful address to share, inform the host of the relevant Community area using the 'Contact Us' link, and they will promote it if they see fit.
4. If you're under 16, please get a parent's or guardian's permission before taking part in any http://www.TopGolfer.ie discussion. Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, telephone number, home address or email address).
6. Further to this, by submitting your contribution to http://www.TopGolfer.ie, you warrant that your contribution:
- is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to the http://www.TopGolfer.ie for all the purposes specified above
- is not defamatory
- does not infringe any law
- indemnifies http://www.TopGolfer.ie against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by http://www.TopGolfer.ie as a result of your breach of the above warranty and waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on http://www.TopGolfer.ie and the purposes specified above.
7. http://www.TopGolfer.ie content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to http://www.TopGolfer.ie, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
8. Under no circumstances will http://www.TopGolfer.ie be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of http://www.TopGolfer.ie regardless of the form of action.
9. http://www.TopGolfer.ie does not warrant that functions contained in http://www.TopGolfer.ie content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that http://www.TopGolfer.ie or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
10. http://www.TopGolfer.ie may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by http://www.TopGolfer.ie. Your continued use of http://www.TopGolfer.ie after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
11. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use content from http://www.TopGolfer.ie in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any http://www.TopGolfer.ie content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of http://www.TopGolfer.ie content requires the prior written permission of the http://www.TopGolfer.ie.
12. You agree to use http://www.TopGolfer.ie only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of http://www.TopGolfer.ie. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within http://www.TopGolfer.ie.
Links To Third Party Sites
14. If you breach these Community Rules (and/or any variations in the relevant local house rules) when taking part in a http://www.TopGolfer.ie Community service, you will be sent an e-mail which informs you why your contribution has been failed or edited. This mail will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
This action may include your relevant account or accounts being placed into pre-moderation or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of http://www.TopGolfer.ie Community areas.
15. If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to http://www.TopGolfer.ie Communities or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on http://www.TopGolfer.ie, and www.TopGolfer.ie considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, http://www.TopGolfer.ie may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements.
This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement/s. http://www.TopGolfer.ie reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
16. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on http://www.TopGolfer.ie (including local house rules) then the latter shall prevail.
17. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
18. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Republic of Ireland.